Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Apr 08, 2021 @ 21:50
    John Bergman

nuget packages

Are there nuget packages like umbraco, umbraco.core, umbraco.web, etc? I don't seem to find them in the alpha stream or the release streams? I'd love to take this baby for a spin!

• Benjamin Carleski 33 posts 294 karma points MVP c-trib
    Apr 08, 2021 @ 22:01
    Benjamin Carleski

There are NuGet packages in the Alpha streams, but unlike previous versions you can't get started by just pulling the NuGet packages into an existing project. Certainly there are ways to do that, but there are some other pieces needed as well which don't come across with just the NuGet packages.

That was why they've released the dotnet new template. Take a look at the install instructions as it walks through how to get started. Further up on that same page it links to a few other community pages that also give some guides on how to get started with more interesting projects, albeit with older Alpha versions.

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Apr 09, 2021 @ 20:48
    John Bergman

Thanks Benjamin. I was hoping it would be as easy as the v7/v8 ones. Do you know if that is in the works prior to release? Just wanting to set some expectations at one of my clients workplace what to expect

• Benjamin Carleski 33 posts 294 karma points MVP c-trib
    Apr 09, 2021 @ 20:50
    Benjamin Carleski

No, because of the differences between .NET Core and .NET Framework, there isn't anyway for a simple NuGet update to handle all the changes. The walkthroughs of how to convert are going to be the best that is possible I would guess, unless someone in the community makes some automated tool to help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft