Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew 52 posts 234 karma points
    May 05, 2021 @ 13:09
    Andrew

Embed video without rich text editor

Hi,

I was able to embed a video using the rich text editor, but I wasn't able to find the way to add an embedded video without the rte.

I have places where I want the user to only put one video and no other content.

Is there a built-in data type for it or some other way it should be done?

Thanks, A

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 05, 2021 @ 13:23
    Paul Seal

Hi Andrew

I don’t know if your question is specific to Umbraco 9 or not but there are several ways to do this. You can use a macro in the grid, you can use the block editor and create a block which accepts a video url and you render out the relevant html for it. In v8 there is an oembed property editor that you can use for this sort of thing.

May 05, 2021 @ 13:50
    Andrew

Thanks Paul,

I'm trying to do things in V9, maybe the property editor from V8 hasn't been added to V9 yet.

If I try to create a new data type, don't see anything that seems like an embed property editor.

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 05, 2021 @ 15:29
    Paul Seal

Yeah its a community package. I don't think Dave has ported it over to umbraco 9 yet.

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/oembed-picker-property-editor/

• Neil Chapman 42 posts 169 karma points
    Feb 12, 2024 @ 11:00
    Neil Chapman

If anybody comes back to this, there are now versions supporting Umbraco 9, 10, 11 and 12 - https://github.com/dawoe/OEmbed-Picker-Property-Editor

May 05, 2021 @ 15:35
    Andrew

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft