Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mani 11 posts 111 karma points
    Jun 12, 2021 @ 15:43
    Mani

Umbraco 9 - Block List rendering

I'm trying to loop through the Block List using " @Html.Partial("BlockList/Components/" + data.ContentType.Alias, block)", but I get an error "MVC1000: Use of IHtmlHelper.Partial may result in application deadlock. Consider using

I tried " var partialPath = "BlockList/Components/" + data.ContentType.Alias; " but I get another error

"ModelBindingException: Cannot bind source type Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.Blocks.BlockListItem2[[Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.PublishedModels.Slider, UmbracoProject, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.PublishedModels.SliderSettings, UmbracoProject, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] to model type Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.Blocks.BlockListItem2[[Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.PublishedModels.Slide, UmbracoProject, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.PublishedModels.SliderSettings, UmbracoProject, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]."

Has anyone come across this issue or is there a different way of rendering Block lists?

Thank you so much in adance,

Mani

• Benjamin Carleski 33 posts 294 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jun 25, 2021 @ 15:01
    Benjamin Carleski

You may want to adjust your build settings. MVC1000 is a warning on my machine rather than an error, as it doesn't prevent compilation, it just lets you know a problem may occur at runtime.

Either way, I'd open a bug report at https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues to make sure the BlockListEditor (and probably the Grid as well) get updated to use whatever the ASP.NET Core best practice is for this.

• Mani 11 posts 111 karma points
    Jun 25, 2021 @ 22:00
    Mani

I revisited my code and managed to get it working, although I am not entirely sure what exactily I did diferently, I think I I'll make a note of the issues I face and keep a record of how it gets resolved.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft