Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Armitage 503 posts 2071 karma points
    Jul 04, 2021 @ 03:24
    David Armitage

Umbraco Custom Data Type in Composition Issues

Hi All,

I am not sure if its something I have done wrong with my custom data type but I don't think so.

I have a feeling this is a bug with Umbraco 9. Maybe someone can help me confirm before I log an issue request.

So I created a simple custom data type that populates some checkboxlist with values from an API. This is working from what I can see. You can populate and save data and it all seems to work as expected in the backend.

I can also see the saved content directly on the doc type full through to the frontend.

I then noticed if I add this same custom data type to a composition and then add the composition to the page then the selected value is always null in the frontend. In the backend everything seems to work as expected both directly on the doc type and via a composition. Both saving and re-populating data is working as expected.

Has anyone got any ideas or do you think this sounds like a bug with Umbraco 9 case code.

If anyone has any custom data types of their own please can you test to see if you get the same issues adding it through a composition.

Regards

David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft