Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Drake 133 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Jul 15, 2021 @ 23:19
    Mark Drake

Cannot choose a custom view for available blocks. [macOS | Umbraco 9.0.0-rc001]

When customizing the blocklist editor (data type) and the available blocks, one can customize the following properties:

• Custom View
    • Custom Stylesheet
    • Thumbnail

These open an infinite editor window on the right to a file explorer view.

I have only noticed this while working on the site from my Macbook that this file explorer doesn't act right.

File Explorer - Umbraco 9 - macOS

Furthermore, here is the JSON I'm getting back from the XHR request when this view opens. It seems to indicate that the /App_Plugins/ folder has no children in it (which is not true, it has plenty of content inside.

enter image description here

Can anyone running Umbraco 9.0.0-rc001 on a Macbook confirm this to be an issue for them? I'm happy to provide more detail if someone directs me how to collect it.

Thanks!

• Mark Drake 133 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Jul 16, 2021 @ 14:52
    Mark Drake

On my Windows 11 machine I'm running the Umbraco 9.0.0-rc001 site, same code and same database, and the file explorer view has dropdown arrows where I expect them, and I can navigate and choose files.

TLDR:

Windows - Works.

macOS - Does not work.

There's the whole mess of "well that's not the routable URL" but that's already captured in another post.

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 18, 2021 @ 20:20
    Søren Kottal

You should post this on the issue tracker, sounds like something needs fixing. Probably has to do with case sensitivity.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft