Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jonok 297 posts 657 karma points
    Aug 01, 2021 @ 21:20
    jonok

How to update the config appsettings json

I have an Umbraco 9 project that I have published and deployed to a development server. I am wondering how to make updates to the appsettings config files after a site has been published?

My appsettings.json file is using './umbraco/config/appsettings-schema.json' for the $schema, but when I make changes to the appsettings-schema.json file, they aren't reflected in the website. Do I need to publish the project each time I want to make changes to the config files?

• Søren Gregersen 441 posts 1884 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Aug 01, 2021 @ 21:40
    Søren Gregersen

Hi,

All your settings are read from appsettings.json, and may be override by a appsettings.Development.json when you are working locally, or by configruation in Azure https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/configure-common

The schema should not be edited, that's just to help your editor (Visual Studio) add some hints to how you can edit the appsettings.json.

HTH :)

Aug 02, 2021 @ 12:28
    jonok

Thanks Søren, so if I want to change the Umbraco path, then I just need to add the relevant section to the appsettings.json file? And make it match what is in the appsettings-schema.json file?

It doesn't seem to be working for me but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. This is my appsettings.json, I have attempted to add the section to modify the Umbraco back-end path (sorry, not sure how to paste it formatted)...

{ "$schema": "./umbraco/config/appsettings-schema.json", "Serilog": { "MinimumLevel": { "Default": "Information", "Override": { "Microsoft": "Warning", "Microsoft.Hosting.Lifetime": "Information", "System": "Warning" } } }, "ConnectionStrings": { "umbracoDbDSN": "Data Source=|DataDirectory|\Umbraco.sdf;Flush Interval=1;" }, "Umbraco": { "CMS": { "Hosting": { "Debug": false }, "Global": { "Id": "17e8e164-9abf-4b7c-a65f-cbbcff3e940f" } } }, "umbracoGlobal": { "properties": { "ReservedUrls": { "description": "CSV string of reserved URLs (must end with a comma)", "type": "string", "default": "~/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx,~/.well-known,~/custom-path," }, "ReservedPaths": { "description": "CSV string of reserved paths (must end with a comma)", "type": "string", "default": "~/app_plugins/,~/install/,~/mini-profiler-resources/,~/umbraco/,~/custom-path," }, "UmbracoPath": { "description": "Umbraco back-office path", "type": "string", "default": "~/custom-path" } } } }

Aug 02, 2021 @ 12:31
    Søren Gregersen

I think your "umbracoGlobal" needs to be inside the "Umbraco"-element :)

Aug 02, 2021 @ 12:33
    Aug 03, 2021 @ 04:26
    jonok

Thanks Søren! I knew it was a pebkac error of some sort.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft