Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• blockingHD 5 posts 35 karma points
    Aug 06, 2021 @ 09:36
    blockingHD

Test projects in Umbraco V9 (RC1)

Hi all o/

We have added a few test projects to our Umbraco solution which have a reference to the main Umbraco project. This is causing the 'base' front end folders and files to be generated on the tests running.

• Is this intended?
    • Even if so is there anything we can do to stop this from happening?

This is also a problem when trying to separate out sections of the solution into different projects as well due to the need to reference Umbraco.Cms.

Thanks

• Bjarke Berg 7 posts 130 karma points hq
    Aug 06, 2021 @ 11:20
    Bjarke Berg

You should make references to

Umbraco.Cms.Web.BackOffice 

and/or

Umbraco.Cms.Web.Website 

depending on that you are testing.

The Umbraco.Cms package is just a meta-package only having dependencies but no code.

• blockingHD 5 posts 35 karma points
    Aug 10, 2021 @ 18:53
    blockingHD

After playing around with your suggestion and looking at some other options I have come across 2 things.

1. The suggestion of using the base packages is perfect for projects that are referenced by the Umbraco project. (No idea why I didn't just do this!)
    2. This doesn't help for test projects as you need to reference the main Umbraco project. However I found you can use the private asset = contentfiles;analyzers;build;buildTransitive; flag on the reference and that stops those files being generated in 'parent' projects.

This solves the issue however I am not yet sure of any side effects of doing this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft