Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ruder Partap Singh 28 posts 142 karma points
    Aug 15, 2021 @ 20:39
    Ruder Partap Singh

How to deploy Umbraco 9 on Linux (Centos 8) with Nginx without docker

Hello All

Is there any documentation on how to deploy umbraco 9 on linux (centos 8) server with Nginx, I tried to run it but getting 403 forbidden, May be its related to permission issue but it will really be helpful if there is any documentation / tutorial link for that

Thanks in advance

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 16, 2021 @ 08:32
    Sebastiaan Janssen

At the moment we don't officially support Linux yet, so we won't have documentation for it.

Until then, please refer to Microsoft documentation on deploy web apps to nginx, any problems you will have are unlikely to be Umbraco problems and most likely problems with your setup. Umbraco is "just" an application that runs like any other .NET 5 web application, so when you do see errors then it's probably good to check specific setup steps for your chosen environment.

• David Walker 19 posts 90 karma points
    Oct 26, 2021 @ 11:08
    David Walker

Is there any update on the docs? I'm assuming that Umbraco v9 should be workable on Linux now?

I'm looking to do exactly this ^ but am struggling to publish and get it working.

Oct 26, 2021 @ 11:27
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Still no official Linux support at the moment, sorry.

If you have specific problems and error message then that's something to look into, it should work, I've seen a few people being able to get it running but the expertise on the HQ team is low at the moment, which is why we're concentrating on Windows first.

Oct 26, 2021 @ 16:11
    David Walker

Thanks for the update Sebastiaan. It's much appreciated.

I've managed to get it working, but we'll see how that plays out versus Windows over the next few weeks.

Mar 08, 2022 @ 11:24
    David Walker

Hi all,

Just bumping this question really. Is V9 ready for production Linux?

I note that the website says there is no official support package for Umbraco on Linux - but if we want to deploy without any support package - are there any blockers to releasing on Linux?

I understood that there was a problem with Examine search V9/Linux - but does anyone know if all is now sorted?

Many thanks,

Dave

Mar 08, 2022 @ 11:37
    Sebastiaan Janssen

We're still not ready to offer official support for Linux, we'll definitely shout about it when we do though.

I know some people are pushing to Linux servers now and getting it to work just fine, so I don't think there are any real blockers.

So far, the issues have been just casing issues, I am not aware of Examine issues, care to point me in the right direction?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft