Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gogo Dev 30 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 17, 2021 @ 14:47
    Gogo Dev

Is there a way to add a content node as a dropdown prevalue?

I'm trying to create a new dropdown data type, where the prevalues should be content nodes. Is it possible to do this somehow? And yes I know there are packages that could do that, but I'm not sure if there are any for Umbraco 9.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1280 posts 3990 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Aug 17, 2021 @ 16:07
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

If you haven't used Contentment package before, I can hightly recommend that package.

You can use various list datatypes and data sources and create your own.

For Umbraco 9 you'll need to install Contentment v3: https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/contentment/

You can find more details on GitHub including code snippets: https://github.com/leekelleher/umbraco-contentment

Aug 18, 2021 @ 08:31
    Gogo Dev

Well yes, I was hesitant to download Contentment, but I'll surely try it out. Thanks for your reply.

Aug 18, 2021 @ 08:40
    Gogo Dev

Very nice, it worked like a charm, thanks very much!

• Mauricio 1 post 71 karma points
    Aug 18, 2021 @ 06:44
    Mauricio

A Data Type can be something very basic (textstring, number, true/false,...) or it can be more complex (multi node tree picker, image cropper, Grid Layout).

The Data Type references a Property Editor and if the Property Editor has settings these are configured on the Data Type. This means you can have multiple Data Types referencing the same Property Editor. MyGroundBiz

An example of this could be to have two dropdown Data Types both referencing the same dropdown Property Editor. One configured to show a list of cities, the other a list of countries.

Aug 18, 2021 @ 08:30
    Gogo Dev

Thanks for your reply, but your comment doesn't really answer my question. Thanks tho.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft