Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 19, 2021 @ 09:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Umbraco 9: Increase allowed file size

Hi all

I'm currently playing around with Umbraco 9.0.0-rc002 and I've run into an issue with increasing the default allowed filesize from 2048 to 51200 to allowed for upload to around 50mb. The file I'm uploading is 45mb.

My config setting i appsettings.json is setup like the following

"Runtime": {
        "MaxRequestLength": 51200
      },

I have recycled the app pool after making the change (Not sure whether or not this is still necessary?) and the site is run using IIS express.

Before the change I would get a warning about the file being larger than 2048kb, as expected.

After increasing the file size I get the following error in the browser console - Therefore I'm wondering whether I should report this as an issue on Github or whether it's because I might have missed a configuration setting despite being sure that I've been through all the documentation about this :-) And in the error message below .config files are mentioned but since we're moving away from those I'm wondering if the "" settings is missing currently? Or if increasing the maxRequestLength should be enough?

HTTP Error 413.1 - Request Entity Too Large The request filtering module is configured to deny a request that exceeds the request content length. Most likely causes: Request filtering is configured on the Web server to deny the request because the content length exceeds the configured value. Things you can try: Verify the configuration/system.webServer/security/requestFiltering/requestLimits@maxAllowedContentLength setting in the applicationhost.config or web.config file.

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 19, 2021 @ 09:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hello again

Nevermind me - I just did a test with a file around 10mb and it uploads just fine. When decreasing the limit back to 2048 it can't upload and when increasing the limit it can. So guess it's just me. Sorry! :-)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft