Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• NSC 23 posts 123 karma points
    Aug 24, 2021 @ 11:10
    NSC

Syncing 2 installs

I want to create 2 different Umbraco v9 installs and then copy/syncing content from one to the other. How can I do that?

I only want to sync content, as they will be in 2 different environments, so different connections, different DBs etc., should not be copied/synced.

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Aug 24, 2021 @ 11:26
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

personally i would use uSync (but i did write it).

you can use the uSync v9 release candidate (its rc2 now) version to write all the settings, content etc to disk and then copy it and sync to the other site on the other end.

or you could use uSync.Complete ($$$) to connect the two sites and sync the content / settings whatever, from the UI within Umbraco (so right click on the content and do push/pull between the servers).

the uSync.Complete beta for v9 - gives you a 120 day trial so loads of time to try it out.

• NSC 23 posts 123 karma points
    Aug 24, 2021 @ 11:44
    NSC

Is uSync only for continuous synchronization or can it also be something that's just triggered manually whenever desired?

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Aug 24, 2021 @ 12:01
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

you can trigger the imports/exports manually via the dashboard in Umbraco backoffice - but with the core uSync you are responsible for getting the files between the servers.

uSync.Complete is totally about manual triggering of things, and it has hooks into the Existing Umbraco UI and lets you push and pull stuff when you need to - it handles working to which bits are needed to move something and getting the data between servers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft