Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pascal D. 2 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 29, 2021 @ 09:51
    Pascal D.

Incorrect Media Type when dragging images into a custom media folder

Hi

I’m having an issue in Umbraco 9 with custom Media Types. I have created two Media Types:

1. “Custom Image” that is a composition of “Image”. It has some custom properties in addition to the inherited properties from “Image”. enter image description here
    2. “Custom Images Folder” that is a composition of “Folder” and only allows child nodes of the type “Custom Image”. It can be a root element and is a list view enter image description here

Switching to Media, when I click “Create” on a folder of the above type, the only option I have is to create is a “Custom Image”, as I would have expected. But if I drag an Image over “Drag and drop your file(s) into the area” and drop it (or if I choose it), the image is created with the “Image” type instead of the “Custom Image” as expected. enter image description here Is there any way to restrict/force the Media Type of the dragged images? Any help would be much appreciated!

• Ault Nathanielsz 87 posts 407 karma points c-trib
    Sep 29, 2021 @ 12:09
    Ault Nathanielsz

This was an issue in v8. I don't think that it was ever solved there.

You will also notice (in the image picker dialog) that if the cms user adds directories to "CustomFolder" (and it is restricted to children of type=custom folder) they will be created as regular folders.

• Damian 61 posts 342 karma points
    Mar 01, 2022 @ 15:51
    Damian

I'd love for this to be resolved. It's always been an issue and it severely limits the Media section - essentially nullifying the ability to create custom media types.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft