Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Sommer 15 posts 105 karma points
    Oct 12, 2021 @ 06:03
    Mark Sommer

Going from v9 prerelease to release

Hey

I have been using the v9 prerelease for building my first Umbraco page but now that the release is out I would like to upgrade.

So far I updated the Nuget package (Umbraco.Cms 9.0.0-rc001 -> 9.0.1) which has resulted in building errors and I can no longer run the website.

Would appriciate if some one could set me in the right direction.

• Andy Butland 422 posts 2334 karma points MVP 4x hq c-trib
    Oct 12, 2021 @ 06:19
    Andy Butland

There were a few breaking changes between the different RC releases - usually listed in the blog post for each update (e.g. this one) - so it's not too surprising you've hit something that needs to be changed before you can recompile.

Would suggest checking those posts and if that doesn't help, sharing the details of the error messages and hopefully someone here can assist.

Andy

Oct 13, 2021 @ 06:47
    Mark Sommer

So as I'm not realy sure on what to look for Ill give it a go and post the issues here.

All the errors are related to the generated models just like this -> enter image description here

So I guess my issue is getting the models generated by the new release?

• Andy Butland 422 posts 2334 karma points MVP 4x hq c-trib
    Oct 13, 2021 @ 06:58
    Andy Butland

MediaWithCrops is in the namespace Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models, so that's why it's complaining here.

It looks like those generated models were created from the RC1 (judging by the GeneratedCodeAttribute), so yes, seems you need to get your models re-generated again now you've upgraded.

Andy

Oct 12, 2021 @ 08:17
    Mark Sommer

Thanks for the quick reply. I will give it a go :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft