Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacob Brock-Hansen 13 posts 155 karma points
    Oct 13, 2021 @ 08:16
    Jacob Brock-Hansen

Upgrade Umraco for the first time (minor upgrade) - what to do

Hi

We are upgrading Umbraco for the first time ever (we only started developing some months ago on Umbraco) - and im not sure from the documentation if i should take any steps beforehand.

We are going from Umbraco 9 prerelease to Umbraco 9 release, so it should be a minor upgrade.

We have backed up our Umbraco database on Azure, and we are using Github, so we have all the old code. Are there any other steps we should do before upgrading the version?

• Warren Harding 132 posts 275 karma points
    Oct 14, 2021 @ 06:55
    Warren Harding

Hi there - I came here to look for the same solution.

I've tried installing the new templates with

dotnet new -i Umbraco.Templates::9.0.1

And then adding the Umbraco packages to the current project again with

dotnet add package Umbraco.Cms

This seems to have worked, but I'm not sure if it's optimal

• Jacob Brock-Hansen 13 posts 155 karma points
    Oct 14, 2021 @ 07:29
    Jacob Brock-Hansen

Hi Warren

We ended up upgrading the package through the Nuget package manager, then we were prompted with an update screen and it worked fine from there. We had some usings that we should fix, but other than that it just worked.

We also changed the ModelsBuilder ModelsMode to SourceCodeAutomatic, rebuilt the project and then back to SourceCodeManual which is our usual setting to rebuild all our models.

One issue we have had afterwards is that the usings we updated in views are not being updated on the Cms, but that might just be our devops doing something wrong - we had to update some of the views in the Umbraco backend to get it to work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft