Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sérgio 30 posts 171 karma points
    Oct 15, 2021 @ 14:55
    Sérgio

Problem while extending model

Hello everyone.

I've been using Umbraco, mostly on version 7. I started getting my feet wet on v9 and some concepts are new to me, of course.

I have checked out how to extend models at the official documentation: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/reference/templating/modelsbuilder/Understand-And-Extend

I've followed those steps and extended a class called HomePage:

namespace Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.PublishedModels
    {
        public partial class Homepage
        {
            public int MyProperty { get; set; }
        }
    }

But I am constantly getting this error:

Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Razor.RuntimeCompilation.CompilationFailedException: 'One or more compilation failures occurred:
    x5hui2un.yt1(66,94): error CS0433: The type 'Homepage' exists in both 'ModelsGeneratedAssembly, Version=0.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'Umbraco9Test, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null''

Could anyone be so kind as to shed some light here? I can't pinpoint what I may be doing wrong.

Thank you very much in advance.

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Oct 15, 2021 @ 15:16
    Søren Kottal

You need to have your generated models, and your partial classes in the same project.

What are your models builder settings? You can set them in appsettings (https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Reference/Templating/Modelsbuilder/configuration)

Make sure your models directory is in the project where you extend the models.

• Sérgio 30 posts 171 karma points
    Oct 15, 2021 @ 15:41
    Sérgio

That was the missing link. Nowhere in the documentation that information is present. I was using the default settings (InMemoryAuto) and never remembered or realized that the class would be outside the project.

I changed it to SourceCodeAuto, updated the models and it's now working.

Thank you very much, Søren.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft