Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marshall Penn 78 posts 258 karma points
    Oct 19, 2021 @ 09:02
    Marshall Penn

Trying to run Umbraco 9 leads to ReflectionTypeLoadException - does anyone know what is going on with this?

I am trying to run Umbraco 9, but I am getting a System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException in the services.AddUmbraco block.

More error message: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException HResult=0x80131602 Message=Could not load all types from "Umbraco.Examine.Lucene, Version=9.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" due to LoaderExceptions

I followed the command line way of building the site -

dotnet new -i Umbraco.Templates

dotnet new umbraco --name Umbraco9A1

dotnet run

Opening it up in VS2019 does not get me any further.

If i 'continue' in VS i get a whole load of errors:

First being "TypeLoadException: Method 'GetDocumentCountAsync' in type 'Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Examine.LuceneIndexDiagnostics' from assembly 'Umbraco.Examine.Lucene, Version=9.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation."

then

"TypeLoadException: Method 'GetSearcher' in type 'Examine.Lucene.Providers.LuceneIndex' from assembly 'Examine.Lucene, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation."

Does anyone know what the issue is?

Is there a seperate nuget source for Umbraco 9?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 19, 2021 @ 09:08
    Sebastiaan Janssen

The problem is most likely this one: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/11179

There's a solution in the issue, clear caches and try again. Apologies for the inconvenience! :)

• Marshall Penn 78 posts 258 karma points
    Oct 19, 2021 @ 09:39
    Marshall Penn

Thanks Sebastiaan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft