Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• joe 2 posts 82 karma points
    Oct 27, 2021 @ 13:50
    joe

IONOS by 1&1 and Umbraco 9

Hi,

I'm planning to deploy my first Umbraco web app.

Since it's just a student project, I don't want to spend a lot of money for it. IONOS by 1&1 have a very good offer but I'm not sure if it supports Umbraco 9.

A few years ago this post asked the same question, but Umbracos deployment dependencies are different now.

Does anybody know if it still works?

• samerbeni 6 posts 76 karma points
    Nov 12, 2021 @ 20:03
    samerbeni

Being very skeptical, I asked several times to make sure there were not any extra charges. He says no, $15 a year and I have access to email, something else, blah blah blah. I don't use the services offered by 1&1. I never have. I haven't even logged into the dashboard since I registered this domain. I was a little naive, I must admit, to think that was a no strings Speed Test attached deal.

• Ken 1 post 71 karma points
    Nov 13, 2021 @ 10:11
    Ken

As a well-established web host, you know that you can put your trust in 1&1 IONOS. They also offer 24/7 customer support, should you need to resolve any issues.

• Matthias 1 post 71 karma points
    Nov 24, 2021 @ 17:21
    Matthias

@Samerbeni Do you have any insights on this? I'm currently struggling, because Umbraco9 runs on Ionos, but crashes every 5-10 clicks.

• Dirk Seefeld 126 posts 665 karma points
    Nov 24, 2022 @ 11:57
    Dirk Seefeld

I have recently tested the IONOS offer Windows Webhosting Essential for 5 € per month (plus initial setup with Umbraco 10.3.2. It runs!

But the all-over experience is not nice. Compared to Umbraco Cloud the update process is very old school.

Nevertheless, if the budget is your concern, this is probably the cheapest option to host an Umbraco CMS website.

I have started a blog about this topic, It is currently only in German, but thanks to Google and co. this should not be an issue - right? ;-)

• Oscar Rodriguez 2 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 02, 2022 @ 07:37
    Oscar Rodriguez

Hi Joe,

I believe you can ask them. If they support Full Trust permission, then Umbraco should be working. Or if I can recommend, you may take a look at Asphostportal, I can quite recommend them.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft