Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Nov 02, 2021 @ 20:01
    Carlos Mosqueda

Umbraco 9 Nested Content not finding doctype group properties

I am having issues not being able to see the doctype group when trying to configure the property. I am using it in Umbraco 7 with the Nested Content plugin and I think we have one running in 8, but in U9 it is not working for me.

I have an "Author" doctype that is configured as "Is ElementType" and so it shows up as available to the nested content. I have an "Authors" property and trying to created a Nested Content property, but it is not seeing the Author group.

I have some images on how my Author is set up and what I am trying to do with the property. Any suggestions how I can do this. The Umbraco documentation about Nested Content is not very helpful.

Author Doctype

Property trying to find property group

• Frank Laumann 39 posts 303 karma points
    Nov 03, 2021 @ 07:16
    Frank Laumann

Hi Carlos

Have you tried renaming the group/tab in the document type? That is what I would do if I had a similary problem.

Best regards Frank

Nov 09, 2021 @ 00:11
    Carlos Mosqueda

Hi Frank,

I renamed the tab and the group, still nothing. Seems odd. I will keep at it.

• Ambert van Unen 175 posts 817 karma points c-trib
    Nov 04, 2021 @ 20:05
    Ambert van Unen

Do you get any console errors when this happens?

Nov 09, 2021 @ 00:12
    Carlos Mosqueda

Hi Ambert,

I looked in the Google Dev console, I don't see any errors. Usually something breaks it would be from the Angular, but it is just not bring my tab or group data, just blank, Very odd.

Running all local host and local DB.

Nov 09, 2021 @ 00:20
    Carlos Mosqueda

(Face to Palm)

Deleted the whole tab and the group, remade just the group with no Tab, this looks like it rebound the data. Shows up in the Nested Content group list now.

My guess is that you can not create tabs and use those properties in your data group.

Do I get a H5YR?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft