Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Nov 04, 2021 @ 18:45
    Carlos Mosqueda

Umbraco 9 on IIS, 403 Forbidden error

Attempting to run Umbraco 9 on IIS. Did all the steps in the video by Warren hosted up on YouTube on the Umbraco HQ channel. I am getting a 403 Forbidden error after running all the steps. Which tells me it is trying but not allowing it to run.

I installed the ASP.Net core hosting package, - restarted IIS via the command line, - published the site in via the 'dotnet' command line, - copied all the files into a folder, pointed IIS to the folder.
    - I even set the system permissions to 'Everyone'. And the App Pool to 'NetworkService' and back to 'ApplicationPoolIdentity'.

I set the web.config file setting to

<directoryBrowse enabled="true" />

as suggested by the 403 server error, and that just lists out the files and folders in the browser, so I set it back to false.

What is going on? Any help is appreciated.

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Nov 12, 2021 @ 17:23
    Carlos Mosqueda

SOLVED:

My issue is that I missed the step of going into the 'publish' folder when the project is build.

So following Warren Buckley's video on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riO5EQKE0YY&ab_channel=UmbracoHQ

It pointed out that when you use the CLI commands the publishable project is in the '\bin\Release\net5.0\publish\' folder. and then copy the contents out of that and into your folder. I copied the folder that was one up. So that is was my issue with the 403 forbidden error.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft