Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Nov 08, 2021 @ 18:07
    Carlos Mosqueda

Umbraco 9, umbracoSettings.config location? Multi Url Picker error (Update: U9 documentation error?)

Hi all,

I am looking at the documentation for the Multi Url Pickerbecause I am running into a server error when trying to implement it. I went to the documentation for U9 and it references the "value converters enabled" and it links to the below page mentioning the the umbracoSettings.config file.

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/fundamentals/Setup/Upgrading/760-breaking-changes#property-value-converters-u4-7318

Well in U9 I can't seem to find the location of the umbracoSettings.config file. I know it is in 8 and below, but I can't seem to find it in my installation of 9. Am I mssing something?

Error I am getting when using the MultiUrl Pickers

An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to process this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

G:\MyProjects\Repos\DOI_Site\DOI_Site\DOI_Site\Views\Publication.cshtml
    One or more compilation references may be missing. If you're seeing this in a published application, set 'CopyRefAssembliesToPublishDirectory' to true in your project file to ensure files in the refs directory are published.

The type or namespace name 'Link' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    +

var links = Model.Value<IEnumerable<Link>>("pdfLink");
    Argument 3: cannot convert from 'method group' to 'object'
    +
                                <a href="@link.Url" target="@link.Target" class="btn btn-success ripple-surface" title="Download PDF of @link.Name<"><i class="far fa-file-pdf"></i>Get PDF()</a>
    Argument 3: cannot convert from 'method group' to 'object'
    +
           <a href="@link.Url" target="@link.Target" class="btn btn-success ripple-surface" title="Download PDF of @link.Name<"><i class="far fa-file-pdf"></i>Get PDF()</a>

I am not sure if it is all related to enabling the setting or not

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Nov 08, 2021 @ 23:35
    Carlos Mosqueda

Ok, so there is an error in the documetation itself.

For 9.0+ it states to use a using statement of:

@using Umbraco.Web.Models

but that is not correct, you need to use:

@using Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models

In your View if you are going to use the Multi Url Picker property.

To use the documentation for U9.

@UmbracoHQ, it looks like you all need to update this.

Also, I don't think you need or if U9 even has an umbracoSettings.config file anymore, so that part should be removed as well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft