Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• harticha 2 posts 73 karma points
    Nov 11, 2021 @ 00:50
    harticha

Membership with Azure AD

Good morning,

TLDR - Does anyone have an example of implementing Azure AD authentication for Umbraco Members in Umbraco 9?

I have been looking for a reason to get my hands on Umbraco at work for a few years now. Last week, we came to a decision to rewrite one of our inhouse applications so that it has a plugin architecture. With Umbraco 9 on .net5, I thought that maybe we could use Umbraco 9 as a base and then rewrite each section of the old app as a package/plugin. In theory, sounds great. Adopting the terminology has been fun, to say the least. (Users are Admins and Members are Users)

Setting up the admin (User) authentication against Azure AD was a piece of cake, but I have hit a bit of a wall with getting our users (Members) to authenticate with Azure AD like they currently do in the existing system.

I have read this github comment about Umbraco 9 coming with all the Identity packages baked in, but when I try to implement a solution I either leverage too little from Umbraco and Umbraco doesn't know what I want, or I leverage too much from Umbraco and I don't know what Umbraco wants.

I'm glad to be here at long last, and especially with the Umbraco 9 release. Many thanks in advance.

• Colton Crouch 3 posts 73 karma points
    Nov 22, 2021 @ 23:11
    Colton Crouch

Hi, did you ever figure this out? I am working on trying to do this as well, and running into the same issues as you.

Any input from the community would be much appreciated!

• harticha 2 posts 73 karma points
    Nov 29, 2021 @ 03:57
    harticha

Unfortunately, I decided to not use Umbraco. I felt very limited in the amount of control that I had with almost everything.

I wish you luck.

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    Jan 13, 2022 @ 08:35
    Thomas

Did you find a solution ? :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft