Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben Sheridan 5 posts 85 karma points
    Dec 07, 2021 @ 15:56
    Ben Sheridan

Model Builder error

Upgraded a Umbraco 7 install to v9 done the migration and all the content has correctly migrated but I am having a issue when I try to build the models.

The error is:

Failed to build models.

Could not find a datatype with identifier -88. (Parameter 'id')

at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentTypeFactory.GetDataType(Int32 id)

at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedPropertyType..ctor(String propertyTypeAlias, Int32 dataTypeId, Boolean isUserProperty, ContentVariation variations, PropertyValueConverterCollection propertyValueConverters, IPublishedModelFactory publishedModelFactory, IPublishedContentTypeFactory factory)

at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedPropertyType..ctor(IPublishedContentType contentType, String propertyTypeAlias, Int32 dataTypeId, Boolean isUserProperty, ContentVariation variations, PropertyValueConverterCollection propertyValueConverters, IPublishedModelFactory publishedModelFactory, IPublishedContentTypeFactory factory)

at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentTypeFactory.CreateCorePropertyType(IPublishedContentType contentType, String propertyTypeAlias, Int32 dataTypeId, ContentVariation variations)

at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType.EnsureMemberProperties(List`1 propertyTypes, IPublishedContentTypeFactory factory)

at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentType..ctor(IContentTypeComposition contentType, IPublishedContentTypeFactory factory)

at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedContentTypeFactory.CreateContentType(IContentTypeComposition contentType)

at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.ModelsBuilder.UmbracoServices.GetTypes(PublishedItemType itemType, IContentTypeComposition[] contentTypes)

at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.ModelsBuilder.UmbracoServices.GetAllTypes()

at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.ModelsBuilder.Building.ModelsGenerator.GenerateModels()

at Umbraco.Cms.Web.BackOffice.ModelsBuilder.ModelsBuilderDashboardController.BuildModels()

I have looked though the db for any reference to an id -8 8 and all I can find is in the logs saying it was deleted back in 2019.

It looks like it could be in the mebers from the error but I can;t see whre.

thanks for any help

• Ben Sheridan 5 posts 85 karma points
    Mar 11, 2022 @ 13:59
    Ben Sheridan

This was caused by the inbuilt textbox being gone.

Ran this command and to restore it and it fixed the issue:

SET IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].[umbracoNode] ON
    GO

insert into [dbo].[umbracoNode] (id,uniqueId, parentId, [level], [path], sortOrder, trashed, nodeUser, text, nodeObjectType, createDate)
    values (-88, '0CC0EBA1-9960-42C9-BF9B-60E150B429AE', -1, 1, '-1,-88', 32, 0, -1, 'Textstring', '30A2A501-1978-4DDB-A57B-F7EFED43BA3C', getDate())
    GO

SET IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].[umbracoNode] OFF
    GO

-----------

insert into [dbo].[umbracoDataType] (nodeId, propertyEditorAlias, dbType, config)
    values (-88, 'Umbraco.TextBox', 'Nvarchar', NULL)
    GO

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft