Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sue Taylor 21 posts 102 karma points
    Dec 15, 2021 @ 11:31
    Sue Taylor

Vendr: Are there any know issues with Vendr and SQL Azure?

Hi I have a development prototype with Vendr and am using an azure sql server database (the Basic plan) and Umbraco 9. I am doing simple stuff like creating an order, adding properties and saving it. However the vendr calls to SaveOrder are taking over 1 second which seems very high considering I don't have many orders in the database and no load at all. Any thoughts? Its a bit of a show stopper in terms of using Vendr which is a shame as it seems very good.

enter image description here

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Dec 15, 2021 @ 13:23
    Matt Brailsford

Hi Sue,

We have a number of customers using Azure without issues so it should definitely work

Can I ask what Azure App instance / SQL DB sizes are you using?

Matt

• Sue Taylor 21 posts 102 karma points
    Dec 16, 2021 @ 11:58
    Sue Taylor

Hi again Success! This is a bit embarrassing but I had set up my app service in the UK and my database in the US (as it wouldn't let me use the UK West at the time, but managed to use UK South). I'd forgotten about this, but the rest of umbraco was working reasonably quickly. I also added a few indexes on some of the order tables on orderid which made a small difference (maybe 0.25s). The main improvement was the DB location not surprisingly. Down to under 300ms now. Thanks for your help, Sue

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Dec 16, 2021 @ 13:46
    Matt Brailsford

Fantastic 🎉

Glad you were able to find the solution 👍

Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft