Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Hildeman 92 posts 88 karma points
    Aug 07, 2013 @ 19:50
    James Hildeman

Relate copied items to original

I have a situation where a customer wants to have the same document/node in two places. I was playing with the Copy option and the checkbox "relate copied items to original" but that does not seem to do what I expected in my v4.0.2.1 installation.

I understand it's somehow tied to this "relations" concept that seems more of an API tool at least back in my version. Is there anyway to do I described...essentially have the same node in two places where updates to one are reflected in the other?

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Aug 07, 2013 @ 20:37
    Amir Khan

I think a better way to do this would be to have one document and use Umbraco Url Alias or Umbraco Inernal Redirect Id to deliver the duplicate content from the separate location.

• James Hildeman 92 posts 88 karma points
    Aug 07, 2013 @ 20:52
    James Hildeman

Hmmm...thanks for the good thoughts. 

This solution is for custom navigation for a "limited mobile site" (i.e. not all content, not same templates - jquery mobile versions).  So, I don't think redirecting will work unless I update all my templates to detect a mobile request.  The alias thing, again, would take them to the main site.  We're trying to do this without touching the main site, rather we simply want to repurpose selected pages onto a targeted mobile site and not have to maintain them in two places. 

Thanks for your thoughts.

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Aug 07, 2013 @ 20:55
    Amir Khan

Internal redirect doesn't actually redirect...http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/umbraco-best-practices/umbracointernalredirectid

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft