Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Beginner 28 posts 78 karma points
    Oct 09, 2013 @ 17:07
    Beginner

Different data on localhost than server

Hi everyone!

I have some troubles showing the right data on my page when I run it local. I have added my database on a webhotel with the right connectionstring in webconfig and it Works great on the server. If i run my umbraco site local I get some old data that have been on the site some time ago.

Does anyone know whats wrong and how to solve this? I have tried to republish site..

• Arie 224 posts 675 karma points
    Oct 09, 2013 @ 17:14
    Arie

It is possible that the local version can't write to \App_Data\umbraco.config?

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    Oct 09, 2013 @ 17:26
    Dallas

Double check that the local site and the server site are using the same database (connectionString is the same). This has tripped me up more then once.

You said you tried to republish the content on the local site so try deleting the /app_data/umbraco.config file too.

Oct 09, 2013 @ 17:29
    Beginner

Thanks a lot!!

It helped deleting the /app_data/umbraco.config file :)

but do I always have to delete that in the future to get the rigt data?

• Arie 224 posts 675 karma points
    Oct 09, 2013 @ 17:34
    Arie

My guess is that when you copied the site to your local environment some permissions were reset. When Umbraco created the new umbraco.config file it would have done so with the right permissions.

If this is the case you can avoid the problem by retaining the permissions (or properly re-setting them) when you copy the files next time.

PS: if this is indeed the case you may have other files that don't have the right permissions.

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    Oct 09, 2013 @ 18:17
    Dallas

You should not have to delete the umbraco.config to get the right data.

Using Republish entire site on the Content context menu should normally update the cache for a specific environment.

Oct 10, 2013 @ 09:17
    Beginner

Thanks..

I will try with this for now, it worked deleting the config file. I havent noticed anything else with persmissions on the files, but I will remember it if anything is wrong Next time..

Thanks for the answers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft