Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ken Brown 14 posts 105 karma points
    Oct 24, 2013 @ 22:11
    Ken Brown

Error saving an article when it has the word "find" in the body

I'm receiving an odd error that only ocurs when I try to save an article where the body contains the word "find" (sans quotes). It was kind of a tedious process to determine why the article wouldn't save, but that's what I've ultimately narrowed it down to. We're running on ASP.NET 4.0 with a SQL 2008 backend. Is "find" some protected keyword?  Below is the error I receive.

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://[sitename]/CMS/umbraco/editContent.aspx?id=1102

The following error was encountered:

• Read Error

The system returned:

(104) Connection reset by peer

An error condition occurred while reading data from the network. Please retry your request.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ken

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Oct 25, 2013 @ 09:07
    Stephen

So just to be sure, this happens only when the body contains the word "find"? What is the datatype of that body: simple text, rich text? And what version of Umbraco are you running?

Oct 25, 2013 @ 15:27
    Ken Brown

That's correct. If the body contains the word find anywhere at all, I get that error when saving.

This text saves correctly:

• We are always striving to make your boating experience as carefree as possible, and instructional materials that assist you in caring for and operating your boat will help achieve that goal. We hope you see them as helpful and a great way to truly wish you "happy boating!"

This text causes the error shown above:

• We are always striving to make your boating experience as carefree as possible, and instructional materials that assist you in caring for and operating your boat will help achieve that goal. We hope you find them as helpful and a great way to truly wish you "happy boating!"

The datatype is Rich Text:

I'm running v6.1.6:

I hope that information helps.

Thanks,
    Ken

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Oct 25, 2013 @ 15:57
    Stephen

That is completely... crazy. Tried to reproduce but could not.

Do you have any package, tools, etc installed on top of Umbraco? Anything specific in your setup?

Have you tried looking into

• The event log
    • Umbraco log database table
    • App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt (especially with setting priority to debug in log4net.config)

For some errors?

Oct 25, 2013 @ 17:34
    Ken Brown

There are no other packages, tools, or anything installed on top. Nothing specific that I know of.

Event log is clean:

Umbraco log database is clean:

TraceLog looks interesting... I hadn't looked here yet. Here are a couple of the more interesting sections:

2013-10-25 11:06:40,515 [44] DEBUG umbraco.presentation.keepAliveService - [Thread 36] Error in ping(http://[sitename]:80/CMS/umbraco/ping.aspx) -> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond [Raw IP Address]:80
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
       at umbraco.presentation.keepAliveService.PingUmbraco(Object sender)

2013-10-25 11:07:20,187 [44] ERROR umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE - [Thread 19] Error adding stylesheet to tinymce Id:1049
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE..ctor(IData Data, String Configuration)
    2013-10-25 11:07:20,203 [44] ERROR umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE - [Thread 19] Error adding stylesheet to tinymce Id:1049
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE..ctor(IData Data, String Configuration)

Full Log for today.

Thanks!

Oct 28, 2013 @ 18:43
    Ken Brown

Add replace to the list of words that cause the errors above. Bizarre.

Oct 31, 2013 @ 16:42
    Ken Brown

...and now a few others to the list of words.

So, we have:

• Find
    • Replace
    • Label
    • Print
    • Control
    • Expand
    • Convert

and others, I'm sure. It's as if certain 'reserved words' in database or code cannot be used in documents at all.

• aqeel 1 post 21 karma points
    May 07, 2015 @ 23:57
    aqeel

Hi There, 

Have you find this solution ?  let me add you more two word, find and services. i belive this is Firewall problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft