Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bon Searle 6 posts 26 karma points
    Feb 07, 2014 @ 13:59
    Bon Searle

Weird template issue

Hoping someone can help, this issue is driving me mad!

My company decided they want to extend the clients list on our site to include case studies and wanted to be able to enter it once and use it multiple times. I created a new node for the studies and added the case studies as children of it. We use macros to pull out a list of each study for the clients page (shown as extracts) and that works great but each study is also associated with a template spStudy as per its doctype which is you click on the study extract shows you the full thing on a new page.

The problem we are finding is the last full study item to be published works but as soon as you change or publish anything else (even other non study items) in the site then the case study won't display stating there is no associated template, obviously this needs to be fixed as i can't have 0-1 of maybe 10 studies working!?

Does anyone have any ideas what on earth is going on? The copy of umbraco is 6.1.6 and is running using SQL CE DB on IIS 6. Its the only section having this issue and even after recreating the study items using a new doctype and template it still occurs.

Cheers

Bon

• Bon Searle 6 posts 26 karma points
    Feb 07, 2014 @ 14:10
    Bon Searle

example of broken page that worked until i changed another non-study node:

Page not found

No template exists to render the document at url '/virgin-media.aspx'.

In addition, no template exists to render the custom 404.

This page can be replaced with a custom 404. Check the documentation for "custom 404".

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft