Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Neil Hodges 338 posts 987 karma points
    Jun 15, 2015 @ 11:50
    Neil Hodges

uWebShop 2 Shipping Provider by Weight??

Hi

Using uwebShop 2 and the Demo Store, adding in the checkout details.

I've managed to add the PayPal payment provider and now i need to add a Shipping Provider. This should calculate the shipping via the weight in the basket by Kg. How do i go about this? Not sure what 'Range Start' and 'Range End' actually means??

Could someone please steer me in the right direction on how to implement the Shipping Provider and what i need to do to calculate. The delivery cost is £15.99 + VAT for each 20 kg

• Arnold Visser 418 posts 778 karma points hq c-trib
    Jun 15, 2015 @ 11:57
    Arnold Visser

Hey Neil!

I advise you to install the English language pack (bottom of: http://uwebshop.com/download). This will add descriptions to all fields in the backend!

The range start/end is depending on the value you chose the shipping provider to be using. If you use weight, the range start/end will be the amount of the weight.

It does not matter what metrics you use, as long as all products in the shop use the same as the shipping provider. Only add the value to the field.

So you just create a shipping provider from 0 to 20, 20 to 40, etc. where you higher the costs. This will probably be sufficient in your situation.

Let me know if you need any more help!

Best,

Arnold

ps. we are working in the development branch on a bigger update (see our Github

Jun 15, 2015 @ 13:52
    Neil Hodges

Hi

Thank you for the quick response.

So I've added 2 Shipping Providers - 'Standard' and 'Standard > 20kg'

It shows the correct shipping provider on the checkout with regards to the basket weight but i have no price increase?

How do i set £15.99 for 'Standard' and £29.98 for 'Standard > 20Kg'

Also im having a problem with the Default VAT when selecting the store node, it has nothing in the drop down to select for default VAT, where do i set the default 20% VAT for this?

Cheers

Neil.

Jun 16, 2015 @ 10:20
    Neil Hodges

Hi

Ok figured it out, right clicking the Shipping Provider allows to add price increase :)

My only other problem now is its not showing the VAT added to the price in the checkout. How do i get it so the VAT is added along with the the price of the product?

Jun 17, 2015 @ 12:44
    Neil Hodges

Ok having some real problem with the checkout. Ive set so each product has a VAT value of 20%, in the product detail it shows the price with the added VAT, all good

Then in the checkout it automatically selects the correct shipping provider at the top (radio button)

The problem im having is its not adding the shipping price to the Grand Total nor is it adding the shipping provider price's VAT tot he Total VAT, below both @basket.ShippingProviderAmount.WithoutVat.ToCurrencyString() @basket.ShippingProviderAmount.WithVat.ToCurrencyString()

Are set to 0

See image :

enter image description here

How do i firstly get the shipping values to show, and secondly how to add to both Total Vat and Grand Total ???

Kind Regards

Neil.

• Casper Andersen 126 posts 508 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 15:05
    Casper Andersen

I myself use

<h3 class="text-right text-success">@basket.ShippingProviderAmount.Vat.ToCurrencyString()</h3>
    <h3 class="text-right text-success">@basket.ShippingProviderAmount.WithoutVat.ToCurrencyString()</h3>

aswell but i got the vat to be added in the shipping provider section if i dissabled the IncludingVat option in the settings section of uwebshop.

Only problems i have now, are that when i have 2 shipping providers, the first one costs 25 currency and the other 50 currency, then no matter what i select the values are never updated

Jun 25, 2015 @ 15:22
    Neil Hodges

Hi Casper

For me it was a case of the correct shipping was showing up but not added to the total.

So when the user got to the checkout it looked like the sipping cost wasn't added. I think the object - 'ShippingProviderAmount' - @basket.ShippingProviderAmount.WithVat.ToCurrencyString()

Was not populated at the time it shows those detail in checkout.

Adding this : <input type="hidden" name="shippingProvider" value="auto" /> to the form of this partial - _ProductAddToBasket.cshtml allows the shipping cost to be added to the checkout screen. It must force the object to be created and calculated.

Try adding that hidden field when adding a product to the basket. Worked well for me in the end.

Jun 25, 2015 @ 15:40
    Casper Andersen

I dont have a problem with the shipping not being added, right now my biggest problem is getting a payment provider attached, i saw you have PayPal. Could you help me there ?? if possible we need PayPal but most of all we need Epay and i cant seem to find any Installation instructions with the providers you can download from github.

Also do you know if they stopped developing on the uwebshop product because updates seem to be very far apart

Jun 25, 2015 @ 16:46
    Neil Hodges

Hi

If you pop over to http://uwebshop.com/download/ there is an option to download the PayPal payment provider, just add it to your Umbraco build as you would any other package, once installed it will ask for your PayPal credentials. This then creates a node within Payment Providers in the Back Office.

On uWebShops Git Hub you can find a few different Payment Providers - https://github.com/uWebshop/PaymentProviders

I think one of them is Epay, i assume you can download the csproj and build it and drop that dll in the bin folder of your umbraco site, the back office should do the rest and pickup the payment provider.

I believe now that uWebShop is open source they are still working on new versions and new releases, unsure what the road map is though.

Jun 25, 2015 @ 18:51
    Casper Andersen

Thanks a lot i will try that in a minute. But i did try with the paypal module and install it as a package, only problem is, after it is done installing, i write my email / account information and press install, where after i get a YSOD telling me that the PaymentProviders.config could not be found, but it is located where it says it is not, so that is very strange.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft