Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 16, 2015 @ 17:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Access user type in custom property editor

Hi guys

I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow find out what type of user is logged into the backoffice when doing a custom property editor in angularJS?

I want to make a simple custom property editor where it's possible to enter a string and a string alias - However the string alias should only be possible to see and alter for an administrator - Actually only the master administrator (Default admin account in Umbraco) and nobody else.

So wondering if I can get some sort of Usertype status returned somehow so I can say "if usertype = default admin then show this" ?

I hope my question makes sense.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

/Jan

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Jun 16, 2015 @ 20:29
    Sören Deger

Hi Jan,

I don't know if there is a simple way. But I think you can call a ApiController. In this ApiController you must get your current user and his UserType with UserService. Map this to your AngularJS model and then you should use the default ng-show directive.

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Sören

Jun 17, 2015 @ 06:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sören

Thanks for the repsonse - It makes sense and it's worth to give it a go at least :)

Cheers, Jan

Jun 17, 2015 @ 06:34
    Sören Deger

Hi Jan,

if you need support for this, you can ask me again :-) I have do a something similar thing in my mail2cms package. Not the same, but it's related to your question.

Cheers, Sören

Jun 19, 2015 @ 10:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sören

Turns out that there actually is a userService that one can use for this :-)

Have a look here https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/a3d4ccc062b94859e446b1206bf21f334577a35c/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/src/views/common/dialogs/login.controller.js - Don't know if that's also useful in your case?

/Jan

Jun 19, 2015 @ 11:18
    Sören Deger

Hi Jan,

great! And thanks for sharing :-)

Best, Sören

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft