Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kaydi 5 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 05, 2016 @ 21:15
    Kaydi

How do i create a new site

enter image description here

this is what the screen is showing me, however I want to duplicate the current website under 'Content' to then edit as my proposal for the company, this proposal cannot interfere with the current website, nor can it be published until finished with company approval.

Please help!

• Robert Foster 459 posts 1820 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 05, 2016 @ 23:30
    Robert Foster

Hi Kaydi,

Without knowing some of the complexities of the current implementation, your safest course of action would be to take a copy of the database and the physical directory the current site is sitting in and then duplicate them somewhere else internally that you can use to work on.

Jan 05, 2016 @ 23:32
    Kaydi

Hi Robert, thanks for that. I am also wondering where i can find the css in umbraco v4?

Jan 05, 2016 @ 23:35
    Robert Foster

If it's a standard Umbraco installation the css would most likely be located under /css in the root of the site. However, your best bet would be to inspect the templates and see if the css files have been moved.

Jan 05, 2016 @ 23:38
    Kaydi

how do i do this? Sorry, have never used this before. my page looks like thisenter image description here

Jan 05, 2016 @ 23:42
    Robert Foster

Right. Well, you don't appear to have full access to the Umbraco back-office - ideally you should have access to the Settings and Developer sections to make these kind of changes. Templates, Stylesheets, etc. can be edited via the back-office in the Settings section, while things like Data Types and Content Types can be edited in the Developer section.

If you don't have access and can't obtain a copy of the files and database then you're stuck I'd say.

Jan 06, 2016 @ 00:07
    Kaydi

ohh bugga, I will talk to my boss and see what is going on with that. Thank you very much for your support!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft