Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 15, 2016 @ 08:20
    Dennis Adolfi

UaaS Full Support Plan - What´s included?

Hello fellow Umbracians!

I have a question regarding the UaaS pricing plan.

We have a client that we are might be close to get to build a solution based on Umbraco, uCommerce and Umbraco as a Service.

The clients budget is not huge, but not tiny, and im comparing the different price plans, and its either the starter or the Professional plan.

Starter: €25 / mo

Professional €400 / mo

From what i can see on https://umbraco.com/cloud/features-and-pricing/ the difference between these two is that the professional plan can have multiple enviroments (staging) and Full Support Plan. But, as we where told on Codegarden, there is also a additional option to buy the starter plan with an extra enviroment for a total of €40 / mo.

So, the difference is that the professional plan has Full Support.

So to my question: What exacly is the Full Support plan?

The gap between €40 to €400 is quite big, so how do i convince the client to choose the Professional plan?

All the best / Dennis

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 15, 2016 @ 08:39
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Dennis,

That is a good question. With the Professional plan you will get multiple environments development and live environment (optional a staging environment too). You will also get unlimited users on the Professional plan.

What we mean by Full Support Plan is that you don´t only get support on the Umbraco as a Service portal, and deployments, but you will also get support on your Umbraco installation.

So if you have an challange with your Umbraco implementation or see a bug in the system, then we can advise you how you get further.

Hope this make sense else let me know.

Best,

/Dennis

Jul 15, 2016 @ 08:55
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Dennis, thank you for such a quick response.

So most of the features you get when you choose the Professional plan is for me as a developer and not for the client am i right to say?

When you say unlimited users in the Professional plan, that in the UaaS UI/dashboard right? I know the UaaS dashboard and Umbraco Users are integrated, but if we get the Starter plan, we can still create as many users in the regular Umbraco backoffice right?

The support plan sounds really great. So if we have a bug in our Umbraco installation, you guys can go in a see what the problem is and advise on how to fix it? Sounds great, I really want the client to pick the professional plan. I just need to figure out a way of really motivating the client to get those extra 360euro a month.

Is it possible to downgrade to the starter, lets say a few months after release?

Jul 15, 2016 @ 11:47
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Dennis,

Yes unlimited users in the Professional plan, that in the UaaS UI/dashboard.

You can still create as many users in the regular Umbraco backoffice, You can invite us to the project, and then you will have to explain the issue, and then we will have a look come with some advise. We will not fix the issue for you, but helping you get in the right direction to be able to get you back on track again :-)

If you start on the Professional plan, and you want to downgrade to to the starter, lets say a few months after release, I am pretty sure that we can figure that out, if you write a nice email to us.

Best,

-Dennis

Jul 15, 2016 @ 11:52
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Dennis,

So to be more clear of what you are getting with the full support plan.

With the full support plan you will get support on the Umbraco as a Service portal, and on your Umbraco installation.

Which means: Your support requests are handled by people who know Umbraco by heart. The support team has experience with the inner-workings of Umbraco and 1000's of implementations in every conceivable environment. And if there’s an issue they can’t solve, they have a main line into the entire Umbraco core development team to help resolve your issue.

We’ll get back to you within 24-hours guaranteed, and our average response time is less than 4-hours so you won’t have to wait long to hear from us.

You will so get bug fix warranty guarantees a fix within 7 business days from date of confirmation for defects in the Umbraco CMS that are considered severity 1 or relate to security.

This gives you the assurance that, if there is a defect, it will be addressed in a timely manner

Hope this make sense to you.

Best,

-Dennis

• Casper Stendal 11 posts 31 karma points
    Feb 23, 2017 @ 22:49
    Casper Stendal

Hi Dennis,

How about performance? You are recommending up to 50.000 pageviews per month on Starter plan and up to 500.000 pageviews on Professional. But how about performance RAM / CPU etc.. How big is the difference, if any, between Starter and Professional?

Thanks. :)

/Casper

Feb 24, 2017 @ 19:09
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Casper,

When you are running on the starter plan and the professional plan you are running, in a shared hosting environment.

The big difference from starter plan to the professional plan is that you are getting support on your Umbraco implementation on the Cloud if you have the professional plan, and not only the Cloud functionally.

All the best,

/Dennis

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Feb 24, 2017 @ 19:28
    Nicholas Westby

Hi Casper,

Where did you find the information about page views (50,000 / 500,000 per month)?

I'm very curious about that, as I am currently working with a client that gets about 100,000 page views/day (so, about 3,000,000 per month).

Sounds like even Umbraco Cloud Professional would be insufficient for such a client.

Note that I don't plan to use Umbraco Cloud for this particular client, but the specs you've listed seem insufficient for some clients.

I wonder if Umbraco Cloud Enterprise offers extra resources (CPU/RAM/bandwidth).

Jul 15, 2016 @ 12:57
    Dennis Adolfi

Thank you Dennis.

This is great, I think we can put together something and convince the client to go for the professional plan, hopefully. :)

Have a great weekend!!

Take care / Dennis

• Paul Wright (suedeapple) 277 posts 704 karma points
    Feb 25, 2017 @ 12:43
    Paul Wright (suedeapple)

Why not go for the cheaper plan, (see how it goes), and then decide if you need the full support plan.

To be honest, you could put "yourself" as the support expert. And pocket the €360 yourself. Umbraco has a good forum in place if you hit any bugs, and Umbraco will auto upgrade your site to the latest patch version, no matter what icloud package you are on.

Seize an opportunity to make some money. And use it to get on one or two of the training days. Then you'll know a lot more about Umbraco... possibly more than some of the HQ team :-)

• Casper Stendal 11 posts 31 karma points
    May 05, 2017 @ 09:55
    Casper Stendal

It looks like things have changed both regarding max content items, performance and dedicated resources.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft