Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 25, 2016 @ 09:56
    Dennis Adolfi

Migrating existing site to Umbraco as a Service

Hi everyone.

I´m currently migrating a existing website to UaaS using this tutorial: https://github.com/umbraco/.comDocumentation/blob/master/Deployment/existingsite.md.

Everything is going great so far but I´m stuck on the LAST step in the checklist.

I´ve done all the steps until step 18 and commit/push and all my css/js/views are up fine. But now that i want to "Send changes to Live workspace" i get the following error message:

enter image description here

It does´nt matter what i try to send to live (media/single content/all content) i get thios error every time.

Any ideas? Im soooo close! :)

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Jul 25, 2016 @ 10:18
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Dennis,

It must be some issues with User permissions. Try updating user on local or development platform and try to commit updated files.

//fuji

Jul 25, 2016 @ 10:45
    Dennis Adolfi

Thanks for your reply Fuji.

Im guessing that something is wrong with the user permissions also, but unfortunatly updating my local and live (have not dev enviroment) users did not help.

• Morten Christensen 596 posts 2773 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 25, 2016 @ 12:22
    Morten Christensen

Hi Dennis,

As this is an existing site I would expect this issue to be related to the backoffice user. The user has to correspond to the one in the remote UaaS environment - both login (email) and password has to be the same in order to authenticate.

Can you verify that the login is the same? If not, create it and use the same password as your UaaS profile.

As a side note, we have a task http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-315 for using token auth within Courier, which should make it a bit easier to migrate existing sites. Its currently in review, so hopefully something that will be released very soon.

Morten

Jul 25, 2016 @ 12:30
    Dennis Adolfi

Thank you Morten.

This was exacly the problem. My UaaS user did not migrate into my local database when i did the migration for some reason, so i could´nt log in to the backoffice using my UaaS user, and therefor I logged in with another user. Thats why I got this issue.

I added my UaaS user to my local database manually in the umbracoUser table and the umbracoUser2app table and that solved the problem!

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft