Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick Lewis 30 posts 138 karma points
    Aug 23, 2016 @ 20:08
    Nick Lewis

Downloading content from Umbraco as a Service

Hi All,

I have this evening created a new project on UaaS which is being installed from the new 7.5.2 core. I have cloned this to my local via Sourcetree and that all worked fine as usual.

I launched the site via WebMatrix and I am then prompted to log in to download the content and it is here where I hit the error message:

The status messages says:

Downloading content from Umbraco as a Service

0 of 0 downloaded

Connecting...

The message is:

{ "message": "An error has occurred.", "exception": "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.", "type": "System.NullReferenceException", "stack": " at Concorde.CacheHandler.UI.Controllers.DeployController.GetProcessedTask(Guid id)\r\n at Concorde.CacheHandler.UI.Controllers.DeployController.GetTask(Guid id)\r\n at lambdamethod(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>cDisplayClass10.9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker._1.MoveNext()" }

Please note that this happens for a fresh and unaltered project.

Please advise

Many thanks

Nick Lewis

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 23, 2016 @ 20:19
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Nick

I know that we have this issue http://issues.umbraco.org/issueMobile/Cou-366

Could you please try skip downloadning content from this screen, and try to restore the content from the backoffice

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Aug 23, 2016 @ 21:20
    Nick Lewis

Thanks Dennis but how do I do it from the BackOffice?

Aug 24, 2016 @ 08:50
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Nick,

If you go to the backoffice and left click on the "Content" Then you should see "do something else"and then a restore button like the screenshot below

enter image description here

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Aug 24, 2016 @ 20:27
    Nick Lewis

Thanks Dennis - I found the option but it hit another similar error:

Just out of interest it would appear that my local instance of my site does not recognise the existence of the Live environment.

Aug 24, 2016 @ 20:47
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Nick,

I think I know what is wrong here, could you please send me an email on dennis (at) umbraco dot com with the name of your project on Umbraco as a Service and the email that you use when you created the project.

Best,

/Dennis

Sep 17, 2016 @ 12:52
    Nick Lewis

This issue has cropped up again, this time on a new project that I spun up last night. The user details are committed to the repo, I can log in but I do see this very same problem again.

Please can you do what you did last time? Thanks!

Its my head4code project.

I did send a chat message too but thought it would be easier to reply here.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft