Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mac McDell 73 posts 148 karma points
    Sep 06, 2016 @ 17:24
    Mac McDell

bypass local synced media?

Using UAAS and AzureFileSystemProvider. All our media is stored in azure blob storage. This works great for us except for the problem of syncing locally back to our workstations. We have over 20000 images in our blob/media nodes. This takes forever for us to sync locally now. The problem isn't the nodes on the Umbraco DB but the actual dowloading of the media locally. It also kind of sucks that it keeps doing that since it isn't using the media directory anyway. Anyone have any ideas? Mac

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Sep 06, 2016 @ 17:43
    Sebastiaan Janssen

As far as I remember you don't have to actually sync those items on UaaS, so if you go into your courier.config file you can add an ignore for media items. I'm not entirely sure this works, but I think it should, in resources/ignore add:

<add>/media/*</add>

Sep 06, 2016 @ 18:12
    Mac McDell

Hey Sebastiaan. Added but it still shows as downloading the *.jpg files. bummer. I was hoping that might have been a golden arrow. Thanks for your advice however. MM

Sep 07, 2016 @ 07:38
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Does it actually download them though? Have a look in your media folder.. It might try but it "should" fail to do so since the deploy engine will try to pick them up from the local disk and it doesn't know about filesystemproviders.

Sep 07, 2016 @ 15:16
    Mac McDell

Yes it actually downloads the images. The media folder has a structure of node/*.jpg. I can see images that I uploaded to dev synced to my media.

Sep 12, 2016 @ 14:07
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I've just tested this scenario with: https://github.com/JimBobSquarePants/UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure/

My media files do not get restored locally when they've been uploaded to the cloud. Are you absolutely sure the files actually get stored in the cloud and not (also?) in your UaaS site in the media folder?

Maybe you're using a different FileSystem provider that might behave differently?

Sep 12, 2016 @ 16:41
    Mac McDell

Sebastiaan... you are correct. Maybe there were some settings in my appdata folder in the models or TEMP that we causing it to repeatedly download. I just did another restore from dev to local after deleting the entire media folder and all files in appdata other than courier files. This time it did bypass downloading the nodes to the local workstation. Thanks for keeping on it with me. We should probably update this related ticket that contradicts this behavior. http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/COU-421

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft