Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Topic author was deleted

Oct 14, 2016 @ 14:42

Couldn't load IImageCache

Hey,

We just deployed an existing web app to Umbraco Cloud but getting the error now

Couldn't load IImageCache: ImageProcessor.Web.Plugins.AzureBlobCache.AzureBlobCache, ImageProcessor.Web.Plugins.AzureBlobCache

[TypeLoadException: Couldn't load IImageCache: ImageProcessor.Web.Plugins.AzureBlobCache.AzureBlobCache, ImageProcessor.Web.Plugins.AzureBlobCache]
       ImageProcessor.Web.Configuration.ImageProcessorConfiguration.LoadImageCache() +654
       ImageProcessor.Web.Configuration.ImageProcessorConfiguration..ctor() +57
       ImageProcessor.Web.Configuration.<>c.<.cctor>b__50_0() +20
       System.Lazy`1.CreateValue() +411
       System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue() +183
       System.Lazy`1.get_Value() +75
       ImageProcessor.Web.Configuration.ImageProcessorConfiguration.get_Instance() +27
       ImageProcessor.Web.HttpModules.ImageProcessingModule.Init(HttpApplication application) +47
       System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +534
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +339
       System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): Couldn't load IImageCache: ImageProcessor.Web.Plugins.AzureBlobCache.AzureBlobCache, ImageProcessor.Web.Plugins.AzureBlobCache]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9946132
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +90
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +261

Assembly is in the bin dir... so not sure why it can't find the type

Anyone have a clue?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 14, 2016 @ 15:13
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Are you sure all the related files are there too, config files etc?

You could try to restart the environment (from the UaaS portal).

enter image description here

And of course it's always good to check the logs for errors.

The other thing I do if I want a really rough look at what's going on is go into Kudu and hit download on wwwroot in the debug console.. then I just do a BeyondCompare to see what's different between local and remote to see if I did something silly.

enter image description here

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 14, 2016 @ 18:39

Thank for the tips Seb, yeah we did a compare but the strange thing is when we now clone the site the dll isn't there (the ImageProcessor.Web.Plugins.AzureBlobCache one) so we added that and did a push that currently fixes the problem (so the site is running now) but still super strange that the file would show in kudu.... and not when cloning...

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 14, 2016 @ 18:46
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Weird! Was it showing in wwwroot or in repository? Could be that there was a problem deploying from repository to wwwroot so it didn't get copied to the actual site.

Oct 17, 2016 @ 09:01

Was showing in wwwroot so yeah that's super strange

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    Jul 20, 2018 @ 10:37
    Sebastian Dammark

I'm having the exact same issue. What is the filename of the DLL that you were adding ?

Jul 20, 2018 @ 10:45

think it was ImageProcessor.Web.Plugins.AzureBlobCache.dll

Jul 20, 2018 @ 10:47
    Sebastian Dammark

That is weird.

That file is not a part of the package. Could you in any way send it to me ?

Maybe a link in this thread ?

Jul 20, 2018 @ 10:55
    Sebastian Dammark

Really weird. That file is not a part of the package.

Could you in some way send me the file through a link or something ?

Jul 20, 2018 @ 12:13

Sure you can get it here https://www.nuget.org/packages/ImageProcessor.Web.Plugins.AzureBlobCache/ (you can download nuget, name to .zip en extract)

• Alan Mitchell 57 posts 279 karma points c-trib
    Nov 22, 2018 @ 10:47
    Alan Mitchell

I found this thread because I encountered a similar issue, so I'm replying in case anyone else finds the same.

I am moving an Umbraco site from dedicated hosting to Azure web app hosting. This involves installing ImageProcessor Azure Blob Cache. After installing via nuget and setting up the configs, the site built but produced this runtime error.

The fix was to upgrade the .NET version (from 4.5.1 in my case) to the required 4.5.2. And also to upgrade the existing ImageProcessor nuget packages to the latest version. The version dependencies are listed on the nuget packages, but weren't enforced on my build machine - leading to missing dlls.

Hope this helps.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft