Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Bliss 176 posts 234 karma points c-trib
    Dec 29, 2016 @ 09:14
    Matt Bliss

.Core project and UmbracoForms nuget package

Using the Visual Studio Setup instructions for Umbraco Cloud generates a solution with two projects: .Core and .Web.

The core project is a class library for your compiled code and the web project is the actual Umbraco website that will be deployed to Umbraco Cloud.

The web project obviously includes full the UmbracoCms nuget package and the core project just the UmbracoCms.Core nuget package - so far exactly what I would expect.

However the core project also includes the UmbracoForms nuget package (The web stuff) in addition to the UmbracoForms.Core package (the business logic).

If you update your nuget package versions in the core project to match the automatic updates Umbraco Cloud applies in the web project you discover that it has a dependency on the full UmbracoCms nuget package, which clearly has no place in your core project.

For now I am uninstalling the UmbracoForms nuget package from my core projects, but I'm left wondering, is this inclusion perhaps a mistake? or am I missing something obvious and have got it all wrong?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Dec 29, 2016 @ 10:10
    Sebastiaan Janssen

It's indeed a mistake, but this is fine just uninstall it from the core. We'll fix the cause of the bug soon!

• Matt Bliss 176 posts 234 karma points c-trib
    Dec 29, 2016 @ 10:13
    Matt Bliss

Thanks Sebastiaan - that's good to know

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft