Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeff Subat 28 posts 159 karma points
    Jan 18, 2017 @ 21:41
    Jeff Subat

Pulling document type changes from live to local

I accidentally made some changes to document type descriptions on my live site, rather than local. I used git to pull the changes to my local machine, where I am developing in Visual Studio.

I can see the changes I made in the .courier files in data/revision/documenttypes. However, when I run the site, none of the changes appears in the UI. For good measure, I tried restoring content from the live site and republishing the site locally. As I expected, that had no effect.

What am I missing? It seems like there must be a process I need to run on my local machine to update the database from the .courier XML files, but I haven't been able to find documentation in that regard.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 19, 2017 @ 22:30
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Jeff,

Did you restore content locally without errors?

If there are no errors during restoring the content - the schema of data is the same. So if no errors - than docTypes are the same.

Changes to doctypes should be done automatically after changing .courier files.

I hope it will help you.

Thanks,

Alex

• Jeff Subat 28 posts 159 karma points
    Jan 20, 2017 @ 00:01
    Jeff Subat

Thanks for responding, Alex. Yes, I did restore with no errors. There were no structural schema differences between the two instances, though, because the only thing I had changed on Live were doc type descriptions. I am guessing a difference in doc type descriptions might not trigger any sort of error when restoring content.

At this point, I've manually updated my local instance, because I had to move on and keep working. But I am going to attempt replicating this issue again, and will update this post with the result.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 20, 2017 @ 08:43
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Jeff,

Very nice issue you found.

Please update us with new info.

Thanks,

Alex

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft