Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kris 13 posts 54 karma points
    Feb 20, 2017 @ 15:58
    kris

Issue with GIT permissions on the .Core project repo

Hi Guys,

I've just created a new Umbraco cloud site as a tester to get to grips with UaaS. I've followed the documentation and used the UaaS.cmd tool to generate the visual studio project and the .web and .core git repos.

Now, I can push/pull /commit etc on the .web branch without a problem however this is not the case on the .core git branch.

If I enter the 'git branch' command it tells me that I'm on the master branch but when I try to commit my core library code I get the following error...

PS C:\Projects\UmbracoCloud\whg-new> git push --set-upstream master master
    fatal: 'master' does not appear to be a git repository
    fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
    and the repository exists.

I have tried the git push --set-upstream master master command as suggested but I just keep getting the above error.

Any advice or help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Kris

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 20, 2017 @ 16:55
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I think there's a bit of confusion: you're responsible for version control in the .Core branch, separate from the deployment repository. This is a different repository from the .Web branch and you can put it under any source control you want.

We created a git repository for you withouth a remote so you can get started and add a remote later.

However, it is explicitly not part of the Cloud source control (we don't support putting your custom code in source control yet.

More info here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Umbraco-Cloud/Set-Up/Visual-Studio/#the-git-repositories

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft