Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian 7 posts 27 karma points
    May 05, 2017 @ 09:00
    Brian

Umbraco cloud trial getting lots of "there is already an open DataReader" errors

I started a trial yesterday and did the most basic of setups but in a number of places in the admin site I get errors that stop pages loading like this on a translation page:

=============================

An unhandled exception occurred System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.Exception: Exception while creating a value. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ValidateConnectionForExecute(SqlCommand command) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ValidateConnectionForExecute(String method, SqlCommand command) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ValidateCommand(String method, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass4.<ExecuteReaderWithRetry>b__3() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func1 func) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteReaderWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy cmdRetryPolicy, RetryPolicy conRetryPolicy) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteReaderWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy retryPolicy) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteReaderWithRetry(IDbCommand command) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 09, 2017 @ 10:47
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Brian,

Are you running 7.6 ?

And do you have SEO checker installed ? I've seen a couple of post with this error related to SEO checker on 7.6

Dave

• Brian 7 posts 27 karma points
    May 09, 2017 @ 11:02
    Brian

we are running this on your new cloud so its the very latest released there and we have not installed any plugins before getting this error. I have tried some since then but not the SEO checker

• Paul Wright (suedeapple) 277 posts 704 karma points
    May 12, 2017 @ 14:28
    Paul Wright (suedeapple)

It's likely the "translation" section code is still using the old SqlReader, and causing these errors. I'd be tempted to raise this issue on issues.umbraco.org

I did manage to overcome this on a non AZURE site by setting MultipleActiveResultSets to True in the connection string.

I'm guessing the UmbracoCloud instances have Multiple Active Result Sets set to "False", and can't be overriden.

May 12, 2017 @ 14:39
    Paul Wright (suedeapple)

Guessing this is what you did :-)

http://g.recordit.co/YeS125ND6e.gif

May 12, 2017 @ 14:47
    Paul Wright (suedeapple)

Created a new issue for it...

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9907

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: