Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeff Subat 28 posts 159 karma points
    Jun 29, 2017 @ 22:33
    Jeff Subat

Should I use Nuget or our to install Cogworks.ExamineFileIndexer in a website project?

I'm working with an Umbraco Cloud site in Visual Studio. I installed the Cogworks.ExamineFileIndexer package via Nuget in my local developer instance. It installed all the dependencies in bin, but not Cogworks' library. I had to drop it in manually.

I'd say this was a bug with the Nuget package, or just a one-time glitch, but am not certain I should expect all the correct files to be dropped into bin with a website (vs a web application) project.

Is Nuget a valid way to install packages in a website project, or should I be installing from our.umbraco / back office?

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 07, 2017 @ 11:07
    Ismail Mayat

Jeff,

With ExamineFileIndexer nuget is preferred it should pull in all the dlls. I have not tested the package on cloud so not sure if it works.

I take it after installing it worked for you?

Regards

Ismail

Jul 07, 2017 @ 15:51
    Jeff Subat

I got it working on Umbraco Cloud. I had to fix two issues:

1. Examine.dll was not copied to the bin directory of the website project upon install. I simply copied/pasted it from the appropriate packages folder.
    2. There was a bad binding redirect for the Newtonsoft.Json package. I am not sure how this issue came about, but upgrading the package via Nuget fixed it.
    Jul 07, 2017 @ 15:57
    Jeff Subat

Sorry, I gave the wrong filename in point #1 above. The file that was not properly dropped into bin was Cogworks.ExamineFileIndexer.dll.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 07, 2017 @ 16:25
    Ismail Mayat

Jeff,

Hm weird. When i built the package it was to 7.6.3 as far as i remember so it should not impact newtonsoft version as cloud is on 7.6.3 atm.

Anyhow good to hear you have it working.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft