Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Churchley 272 posts 1258 karma points c-trib
    Jul 04, 2017 @ 07:01
    John Churchley

Error in deploying exisiting site on Umbraco Cloud "A container with the same name already exists"

I've followed the steps @ https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Umbraco-Cloud/Deployment/Migrate-Existing-Site/

However when I commit and push to the cloud I get the following error. It fails to build the document & media types as a result which means the schema is out of sync and I can't move forward in the deployment.

The exist site has Umbraco Forms installed along with a number of other third party applications but I hoping it's something more simple than an issue with a third party package.

Anyone with any ideas?

{"Date":"2017-07-03T22:54:37.3308437+00:00","Message":"A container with the same name already exists.","Ex":{"ClassName":"System.InvalidOperationException","Message":"A container with the same name already exists.","Data":null,"InnerException":null,"HelpURL":null,"StackTraceString":" at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.EntityContainerRepository.PersistNewItem(EntityContainer entity)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Cache.DefaultRepositoryCachePolicy`2.Create(TEntity entity, Action`1 persistNew)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Cache.ScopedRepositoryCachePolicy`2.Create(TEntity entity, Action`1 persistNew)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.PersistNewItem(IEntity entity)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UnitOfWork.ScopeUnitOfWork.Commit(Action`1 transactionCompleting)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UnitOfWork.ScopeUnitOfWork.Commit()\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentTypeService.SaveContainer(TypedEventHandler`2 savingEvent, TypedEventHandler`2 savedEvent, EntityContainer container, Guid containerObjectType, String objectTypeName, String savedEventName, Int32 userId)\r\n at Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentTypeService.SaveContentTypeContainer(EntityContainer container, Int32 userId)\r\n at Umbraco.Deploy.ServiceConnectors.ContainerConnectorHelper.SaveContainer(String entityType, EntityContainer container)\r\n at Umbraco.Deploy.ServiceConnectors.ContainerConnector.Process(ArtifactDeployState`2 state, IDeployContext context, Int32 pass)\r\n at Umbraco.Deploy.ServiceConnectors.ServiceConnectorBase`3.Process(ArtifactDeployState dart, IDeployContext context, Int32 pass)\r\n at Umbraco.Deploy.Environments.LocalUmbracoEnvironment.ProcessArtifacts(IEnumerable`1 arts, IDeployContext context)\r\n at Umbraco.Deploy.Environments.LocalUmbracoEnvironment.ProcessPackage(Guid sessionId, Package package)\r\n at Umbraco.Deploy.Environments.LocalUmbracoEnvironment.ProcessPackageAsync(Guid sessionId, Package package, CancellationToken token)\r\n at Umbraco.Deploy.WorkItems.DiskReadWorkItem.<Proceed>d__13.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Umbraco.Deploy.WorkItems.DiskReadWorkItem.<ExecuteAsync>d__12.MoveNext()","RemoteStackTraceString":null,"RemoteStackIndex":0,"ExceptionMethod":"8\nPersistNewItem\nUmbraco.Core, Version=1.0.6361.21154, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null\nUmbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.EntityContainerRepository\nVoid PersistNewItem(Umbraco.Core.Models.EntityContainer)","HResult":-2146233079,"Source":"Umbraco.Core","WatsonBuckets":null},"Sender":"Umbraco.Deploy.WorkItems.DiskReadWorkItem"}

• Sowndar M 50 posts 124 karma points
    Sep 05, 2019 @ 11:06
    Sowndar M

How did you fix this ?

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    Apr 22, 2021 @ 10:55
    Thomas

Did you fix this ?

• Sotiris Filippidis 286 posts 1501 karma points
    Oct 11, 2022 @ 09:42
    Sotiris Filippidis

Although this post is a bit old and obviously refers to Umbraco versions before v9/v10, here's my experience with a similar problem in v9 in case it helps anyone:

In my case, there were multiple files in the Revision folder that referred to the same container. I'm not sure how those were created, but at the end of the day, when Umbraco Deploy tries to process them, it (probably) throws this error after it has processed the first file and moved on to the second one referring to the same container.

The solution was fairly simple:

• Deleted the whole revision/v9 folder

• Went to my local install, at settings->deploy, and generated files from schema. This generated the exact files that corresponded to the current schema.

• Checked git changes - naturally, there were some deletions there since those were the redundant files that caused the problem

• Pushed and let Deploy do its thing.

Everything was fine after that.

• Nick 84 posts 451 karma points
    Feb 15, 2023 @ 15:16
    Nick

Thanks for this, I had the exact same issue following your instruction worked when pushing changes to my Umbraco Cloud 11 project

• Donna Beger 5 posts 84 karma points
    27 days ago
    Donna Beger

Thanks for your answer. I used this to solve my problem locally. The update modified several .uda files that showed a conversion from 13.03 to 13.04.

I merged and pushed them up to our next higher environment (on-premise dev). I'm getting the same error only on a different container.

I'm nervous about touching the server files - but I can. I'm concerned I'll get the same error when I deploy to the Cloud environment.

Any advice or documentation is appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft