Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Genc Kastrati 86 posts 401 karma points
    Aug 18, 2017 @ 08:39
    Genc Kastrati

Error: The process cannot access the file '(some file)' because it is being used by another process

Hello everyone,

Is anyone else getting this error on Umbraco Cloud (7.6.5) when overwriting a media file (PDF for example) and trying to transfer it to live?

This is the full error I get:

(RemoteApiException) System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\inetpub\temp\DWASFil(...shortened...)fundgrants_guideline_en.pdf' because it is being used by another process.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
    at Umbraco.Core.IO.PhysicalFileSystem.AddFile(String path, String physicalPath, Boolean overrideIfExists, Boolean copy)
    at Umbraco.Core.IO.ShadowFileSystem.Complete()

Thank you! Genc

• Michael 125 posts 409 karma points
    Dec 05, 2017 @ 12:33
    Michael

Hi,

Having the same issue from time to time. Umbraco 7.7.3

Thanks, Mike

• Radek 11 posts 142 karma points
    Sep 27, 2018 @ 20:36
    Radek

I been running into the same issue from time to time. Running Umbraco version 7.7.1.

Happens occasionally in admin panel, affecting files in App_Data/preview.

• Damian 61 posts 342 karma points
    Feb 20, 2020 @ 17:21
    Damian

This is still an issue on Deploy3.3.0/Umbraco8.5.3

--sad panda face here--

• milkman matty 31 posts 125 karma points
    Oct 17, 2021 @ 00:59
    milkman matty

EDIT: Just realised this is in the Umbraco Cloud tag, and I am not using Umbraco Cloud.

Did anyone ever find a fix for this? I tried manually ending all processes (and background processes) related to .net core. After that didn't work, a computer restart should have released it, but the issue remains. Which means maybe there's a race condition somewhere on build??

On Umbraco 9.0.1

Failed to build InMemory models.
    The process cannot access the file 'A:\AppData\Local\Temp\.COMP.Matt.log.INFO.20211014-070355.3568' because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.FileSystem.DeleteFile(String fullPath)
       at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
       at Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.ModelsBuilder.InMemoryModelFactory.TryDeleteUnusedAssemblies(String dllPathFile)
       at Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.ModelsBuilder.InMemoryModelFactory.GetModelsAssembly(Boolean forceRebuild)
       at Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.ModelsBuilder.InMemoryModelFactory.EnsureModels()

• milkman matty 31 posts 125 karma points
    Oct 17, 2021 @ 03:34
    milkman matty

The problem seems to be resolved (At least for now). From what I can tell it's an issue with VS permissions or config. I did two things:

1. I changed VS to always open as an Administrator
    2. Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions -> Unticked "Stop debugger when browser window is closed, close browser when debugging stops"

I think the second item is the actual culprit. Even after the restart that I did Firefox was opened and had localhost:1234 open (of course nothing showed because the localhost server wasn't started yet) before trying to build. I think that was halting something somewhere along the line because the resource was already open and with that VS option selected it can't make another. But that's just theory, now that it's working I really have no motivation to investigate it further ^.^'

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft