Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Rees 27 posts 57 karma points
    Feb 05, 2018 @ 17:23
    Richard Rees

Upload video file size limit?

Hi,

I have got Umbraco Cloud working with Azure Blob Storage for media.

I now want to upload some videos into the media folder. If I upload a tiny video (3Mb) it goes up fine and I can see the video in Azure. However a larger one (200Mb) tries for a few seconds and then returns the error below.

First place I would usually look is the maxrequestlength in web config, but with Umbraco Cloud I dont get access to this?

Also, with files as big as 200Mb, which should take several minutes, is there no progress bar for uploading media?

Thanks

Rich

Error: Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Media/PostSave with data: {"key":"contentItem","value":{"id":0,"properties":[{"id":0,"alias":"umbracoFile","value":{"selectedFiles":"Health&SafetyLaw.mp4"}},{"id":0,"alias":"umbracoExtension","value":""},{"id":0,"alias":"umbracoBytes","value":""}],"name":"Health & Safety Law","contentTypeAlias":"File","parentId":1333,"action":"saveNew"}}

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 05, 2018 @ 18:06
    Søren Kottal

You do have acces to web.config. Clone your project locally, make and push the change.

I would suspect that your problem is the MaxRequestLength, as you suggest yourself.

• Richard Rees 27 posts 57 karma points
    Feb 06, 2018 @ 00:07
    Richard Rees

Got it working - needs the following in web config (in this case to allow files up to 2GB)

httpRuntime maxRequestLength="2097151"

requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="2097151000"

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft