Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• EJS 6 posts 89 karma points
    Feb 24, 2018 @ 11:04
    EJS

Document types created locally not showing up in Development environment

I use the Umbraco Cloud (latest version) recommended development workflow. I notice that when I create a document type locally, add it to git and commit and push it to the Development environment, the newly added Document type doesn't show up in Development. Not even after restarting the environment, or reloading the Documen types node.

The logs show no error, the added .uda files are visible in the console when pushing.

The other way around works well. Add a Document type in Development, save it, git pull the changes locally and reload. The newly added Document type is visible locally.

This should work both ways, shouldn't it?

• Mukesh 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 27, 2018 @ 10:44
    Mukesh

Hi @EJS, have you fixed this issue? I am also facing the same issue.

• Georgs Bormanis 25 posts 122 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 28, 2018 @ 10:15
    Georgs Bormanis

Hey, you are correct EJS, it should work both ways indeed. Do you have any extraction errors in the project or locally? On Cloud your environment would be red and locally you will have deploy-failed marker, you can see it in /data folder.

Feel free to reach out in support,

Cheers

• EJS 6 posts 89 karma points
    Mar 28, 2018 @ 10:50
    EJS

Hey, I do think my issue was related to extraction errors. I spent some time following up the related troubleshooting page: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Umbraco-Cloud/Troubleshooting/Structure-Error/ and this fixed my error in the end.

What also played an important role, is that I wanted to restore the Live environment to local development to avoid problems I had in Development. So I cloned the Live site to local, started local dev server and chose "Restore". What I didn't know, is that this always restores from Development, even if you cloned from Live. The solution was, to not restore when starting up your site locally, but go to the Content tab in the backoffice and restore from there. This lets you choose what environment to restore from. HTH EJS

• Georgs Bormanis 25 posts 122 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 28, 2018 @ 12:09
    Georgs Bormanis

Great you managed to fix it :)

You can also remove dev environment, fix what needs to be fixed in Live and add it back, then it will be exact copy of your Live environment, you'll need to restore content of course. You really shouldn't skip environments.

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft