Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nitin Rajwar 25 posts 165 karma points
    Mar 26, 2018 @ 15:31
    Nitin Rajwar

folks, thanks in advance for help.

Scenario: I've an umbraco azure app service on an azure database. I'm using Usync for managing the changes.

We've a release management process, where this app will be deployed in say 3 other environments, all will be different azure app services pointing to their own databases.

Question: What's the best practice/process to maintain all content/template changes across all environments in CI and CD?

• Mark 91 posts -18 karma points
    Apr 04, 2018 @ 08:49
    Mark

I would look at Courier.

The main issue with CI/CD Azure and Umbraco will be your content migrations. I am guessing you have a Dev, QA and UAT environment and you are deploying content across those 3 environments.

If you must migrate content across instances, use Courier, save yourself the pain.

If you are deploying code changes then automate with the Azure tools available as normal. Kudu and Visual Studio Online should be your first point of call.

• Nitin Rajwar 25 posts 165 karma points
    Apr 04, 2018 @ 10:42
    Nitin Rajwar

Thanks Mark.

Yes, you are right about the different environments. For Dev we are using a shared azure db.

I'm assuming that you are suggesting to use both USync and Courier. Is USync not enough to do content migration on its own?

My understanding is to migrate the final content (after reviews etc, lets assume it is the UAT env.), using Courier, we can point UAT to the production (or all other instances) and migrate the content.

I'm using free Umbraco, I was looking at Courier pricing, will I need to pay for Courier.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft