Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arnaud Bertrand 6 posts 76 karma points
    Apr 02, 2018 @ 09:34
    Arnaud Bertrand

Exception when I deploy content from my local machine to Umbraco Cloud

I get a weird exception when I try to deploy content from my local machine to Umbraco Cloud:

The source environment has thrown a Umbraco.Deploy.Exceptions.RemoteApiException with message: The remote API has thrown an exception. It might have been caused by an inner System.NotSupportedException with message: The given path's format is not supported.

There are a bit more details in the "technical details":

-- EXCEPTION --------------------------------------------------- (proper exception traces at the end of this log) System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported. Umbraco.Deploy.Exceptions.ProcessArtifactException: Process pass #4 failed for artifact umb://document/81de7ca87576413db575ef2d535fecb2. On:

At first I thought it had to do with a specific node (like the one mentioned in the log with id 81de7ca87576413db575ef2d535fecb2) so I deleted that node and tried again. No luck, it just gives me another node id for the issue.

Any idea what's going on there? I haven't been able to deploy content for 4 days because of this.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 03, 2018 @ 10:04
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Arnaud,

First welcome to our :), and then thank you for using Umbraco Cloud. I am sorry to hear that you haven't been able to deploy content for 4 days because of the error that you are getting.

This is not a good experience at all. I want to help you here so we can get you project back on track. The first thing I will check if I was you is that you are using the latest version of https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco.Deploy.Contrib

If you have a project that still are using Courier then you should use https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco.Courier.Contrib

You can check if you are using Courier / Deploy if you login to https://umbraco.io and visit your projet from the project overview.

When you have updated the Deploy Contrib or Courier Contrib to the latest version then you should give it another shot with deploy content. Please make sure that the version of the Deploy Contrib or Courier Contrib are the same version on all your environments.

If this not solve your issue, then I will encourage you to get in touch with our support team for Umbraco Cloud, then we will be ready to help you back on track with your project again.

Hope this solve your issue on Umbraco Cloud.

/Dennis

Apr 09, 2018 @ 03:28
    Arnaud Bertrand

Thank you for your reply Dennis. I've spoken with Eric in your support team and he's been very helpful. The issue is fixed now.

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Aug 23, 2018 @ 06:55
    Søren Kottal

Hi Arnaud

How did you fix it?

Aug 23, 2018 @ 07:35
    Arnaud Bertrand

Hi Soren,

It was a while ago so my memory isn't all that fresh but as far as I remember I solved it by 1) making sure all code had been deployed, 2) understanding what specific content item created the issue (processus of elimination: deploying more and more content until it gives me the issue again), 3) copying the content item in question and deleting the original, deploying again. As far as I remember this solved it. Hope that helps.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft