Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mikael Syska 24 posts 91 karma points
    Jun 08, 2018 @ 21:55
    Mikael Syska

NullReferenceException exception when restoring from 'Development Workspace'

New to Umbraco Cloud, but when trying to "restore" to my local development machine from "dev" in the cloud I get the following Exception.

Umbraco version 7.5.14 assembly: 1.0.6345.13057

It might have been fixed in a newer version, but I can't find any information on this.

Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResourceExtensions.GetByteArray(Resource resource, String rootDirectory) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.GetResourceContents(ItemIdentifier itemId, Type itemType, Resource resource, String revisionAlias) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.TransferItemResources(Item item, ResourceExtractionOrder order) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.TransferPreExtractResource() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.Extract() at Concorde.CacheHandler.Tasks.InitialExtractionTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.SequentialRevisionTaskList.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.BackgroundTaskRunner`1.ConsumeTaskInternal(T task)

This is not really helpful ...

I can't find anything in this forum about the error ... any hints on how to find the cause of the error?

For now I have manually exported the database as a bakpac file and restored it locally ... but ofcause I'm missing the Media items ...

Any help will be very appreciated ...

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 09, 2018 @ 21:33
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Mikael

What about codebase? Is it the same?

Thanks,

Alex

• Mikael Syska 24 posts 91 karma points
    Jun 18, 2018 @ 14:34
    Mikael Syska

Hi Alex,

Yes, the codebase is exactly the same.

We can pull down changes from "Production" to "Development" ... but when working locally we can't pull down changes ...

Since we have a work around for now ... it's not a big deal, but a better exchange would be great :-) You gotta love these NullReferenceException's

mvh

Mikael Syska

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft