Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Zweben 266 posts 750 karma points
    Jul 11, 2018 @ 20:32
    David Zweben

Changing the backoffice access URL in Umbraco Cloud

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to change the URL used to access the backoffice, from "/umbraco" to "/admin". I've found several web pages with ways to do this, but they are all either for the old URLRewriting.net URL rewriting syntax, or rely on renaming the Umbraco folder in the file system, which I assume I cannot do as it will be reverted during automatic upgrades.

I don't need to block access to /umbraco, but I do need it to hide the "/umbraco" URL and show "/admin" instead, if "/admin" is typed in.

Can anyone show me how to do this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    David

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 09:47
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi David

Did you find a solution? Please, share with our community.

THanks

Jul 18, 2018 @ 11:46
    David Zweben

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, no. I still don't have a solution for this. If I find one, I'll be sure to post it here.

Thanks,
    David

Jul 20, 2018 @ 13:13
    David Zweben

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? I've done a lot of research, but come up empty handed.

I've tried URL rewrites, but they just end up redirecting to /umbraco. I've tried updating the umbracoPath plus making a hardlink to the Umbraco directory, but that results in a totally broken backoffice.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    David

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Nov 10, 2018 @ 05:15
    John Bergman

I am also definitely interested in something like this - we self-host, but the information is still somewhat spotty as to how this is actually achieved reliably.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Nov 10, 2018 @ 09:24
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi David,

I don't know if it is possible on cloud. You better contact cloud support for that.

But what you can do is only allow access to the umbraco part for certain IP-addresses.

You can find that in this presentation by Jeffrey Schoemaker : https://www.perplex.nl/media/107928/codegarden-18-umbraco-security.pdf

He shows the IP-whitelisting but also how to change the backend url.

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft