Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    Jul 22, 2018 @ 06:27
    Sebastian Dammark

Umbraco doesn't read from Azure Blob Storage

I've been following this guide: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Umbraco-Cloud/Set-Up/Media/

And so far everything has been great. When I upload files to the media section, they end up in the Azure Blob Storage.

But when the website wants to read the files, it uses the local files. And I can't figure out why.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 23, 2018 @ 08:02
    Sebastiaan Janssen

How did you conclude it's using the local files?

One thing to note that is important is that the URLs still look like mysite.com/media/1234/test.jpg but the storage provider takes that URL and gets the media item from blob storage.

You can simply test this out by moving/deleting a local file and then request it again, it will be returned to you as normal.

Also, when the storage provider is active, the files will no longer be stored locally, so new files shouldn't even be in your local media folder.

• Hasan Habib 8 posts 88 karma points
    Sep 25, 2022 @ 16:49
    Hasan Habib

I use Umbraco.fileupload to upload a file in Umbraco Cloud. its upload but how can I get link like you mention: "mysite.com/media/1234/test.jpg" when I upload I got only "/media/1234/test.jpg" not the hosting part. So How can I read the file "mysite.com/media/1234/test.jpg" in C#

Another question how to delete the file which has no use but still stay in azure? here let say I want to delete this file "mysite.com/media/1234/test.jpg"

• Alin Răuțoiu 27 posts 125 karma points
    Sep 28, 2022 @ 13:00
    Alin Răuțoiu

Something similar was happening to me. In the Configure method in Startup.cs I was setting app.UseStaticFiles() before I was setting up app.UseUmbrco().

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft