Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• OleP 67 posts 276 karma points
    Aug 08, 2018 @ 15:16
    OleP

Removing a language from a Cloud project

I have a Cloud project with currently two languages defined in Settings->Languages.

I want to delete one of them, but if I do, and clone the project to my live environment, it's still there.

If i delete it on my local environment aswell, and try to restore/transfer, I get this error: Languages in source and destination site do not match.

So it seems like the languages are stored in a file somewhere, that is not being picked up by the source control. Anyone tried this before?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2019 @ 12:40
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi OleP

Do you remember how did you solve this issue? I saw the same problem recently.

Thanks

Alex

Mar 12, 2019 @ 13:11
    OleP

Hi Alex, I actually didn't solve this yet. But I think I know how to solve it. In the "data > revision" folder you can find .uda files for all languages too. So delete the language in Umbraco, and delete the corresponding .uda file too.

• Michael Nielsen 153 posts 810 karma points
    Mar 12, 2019 @ 13:39
    Michael Nielsen

Deletions are not (yet?) handled by Cloud.

So when deleting languages, templates or other, you need to do it on all environments.

For languages specifically, you have to make sure the language is not set on a node (under Culture and Hostnames), and if you use Dictionary elements, those need to be re-saved after deleting a language.

Also makes sure any other developers that might be working on the project, delete their local project, and clone it down again.

Mar 12, 2019 @ 15:39
    OleP

Edit: You are right Michael. Deletions have to be done manually on all environments. However, the issue here is that deletion of a language is not removing the UDA file for that language. Not sure what happens if you delete it manually.

• Anders Brohus 194 posts 475 karma points
    May 02, 2019 @ 13:09
    Anders Brohus

Found a solution Ole? :)

• Trevor Husseini 20 posts 151 karma points
    Jul 18, 2019 @ 21:09
    Trevor Husseini

Was anyone able to find a solution for this?

I have v7.12.4 project that is throwing this error and all attempts to force the extraction and get rid of the failure marker on Development have failed. In this case, however, I do not see .uda's for the deleted languages on either Local or Development. I've tried:

• Rebooting Development
    • echo > deploy from Kudu CMD prompt
    • Making a negligible change on Local, then committing and pushing to Development

My next step will be to attempt restoring the content on my Local from Development, then repeating the negligible change + push approach.

FWIW, the output from the pushes did not indicate any failures. It was only after inspecting the environment and it's corresponding project page did I realize there was an issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft